The Upper Room’s Emmaus Ministries are a group of ministry programs that offer participants spiritual formation experiences. These experiences come in the form of a retreat over consecutive days or through sessions scheduled over a fixed period of time. The group of ministries includes The Walk to Emmaus, Face to Face, Journey to the Table, Chrysalis, and Discovery and meet the needs of individuals aged 11 to 100.
In this eCourse, we offer instruction for Emmaus Ministries Spiritual Directors. This instruction seeks to prepare and offer guidance to those who have committed to serving as Spiritual Directors for an Emmaus Ministry event or community. Our instruction, offered by Upper Room Emmaus Ministries staff members Stéphane Brooks and Hess "Doc" Hall, includes 8 sessions. In these sessions, you’ll find video, animation, reading, and quizzes all designed to prepare you for your role as Spiritual Director. In addition to this eCourse, Stephane and Doc will engage in conversation with you personally to insure you are ready and well-supported to serve. Our eight sessions include:
- Introduction to the Family of Emmaus Ministries.
- The WHY.
- The Theology of Emmaus Ministries.
- The Ecumenical Heritage of Emmaus Ministries.
- The Scriptural and Historical Basis for the Clergy-Laity Partnership.
- The Community Spiritual Directors Package.
- Clergy Qualifications.
- Spiritual Director Roles and Responsibilities.
Prepare to spend about four hours (total) to review all session material. You can start and stop at any time.
- Should you have questions about accessing or using this eCourse, email [email protected] for help.
- Should you have questions for your course instructors, email [email protected].